Friday, May 25, 2007

Interview

Question: Why did you choose the topic you did for your blog?

Answer: I chose to write about coming from a small town to a big city because it’s basically the most important thing that’s going on in my life right now. The transition from a small town to a college was huge for me. I had to get use to living on my own and also I had to get use to the city as well. Being able to talk about the small town I came from is fun for me. I love where I come from and to be able to tell others about my small town and hopefully get responses about how they can or can not relate is what I wanted. I also chose this topic because it’s easy to write about, I knew I could get a lot from it and not get stuck trying to think of something new to write about.

Question: What do you hope that people can gain from your blog?

Answer: I hope that people can learn about how it is hard to go from a small farming community to a big city, and how hard it is to adjust to the change. I hope that somehow my blogs may help another person out if they are going through the same situation, and for them to know that their not the only ones feeling lost or getting use to the same transition.

3 comments:

Cap'n Fatback said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cap'n Fatback said...

Elizabeth--

Nice job. But in the last sentence, you're using the wrong their/there/they're.

4/5 (no link)

Anonymous said...

In a small town you see the same people again and again and again. That changes things. You can't afford to treat people badly. You have no secrets. Your pains and joys are shared. You live not alone, but wrapped in a community.

These days, though, you can aim just as high from a small town. The internet and modern travel make a small town just as good a base for creative thinking as the largest city.

A blog about
small town life