Thursday, May 3, 2007

Hard to believe...

It still amazes me how one of my friends can’t comprehend how small of a town I actually come from. Even though I can’t comprehend how big of a town she’s from either. We were talking today at lunch and telling different stories about our home towns and such when she started talking about different events that she went through while riding the city bus in jr.high. She went through some scary situations, some that I can’t even imagine going through or even actually happening. She told us about one time on the bus on her way home the SWAT team came on the bus with guns and everything to get this guy to take his hands out of his pockets. The man then ran out of the back of the bus with the SWAT team right behind him. I can’t believe that, it would have been so scary. I have no idea what I would have done.
We then started talking about how nothing like that would ever happen in Wren or in a surrounding town. It’s so hard to think about dangerous things happening like that everyday and just being use to it like she is. All the while our friend can’t believe how small our town really is and how trusting we are of our neighbors. The only thing ‘bad’ that has happened in Wren was that someone tried to break into the ballpark concession stand and steal the money. I know, not a huge crime, but it was a big enough for our small town.

1 comment:

Cap'n Fatback said...

Elizabeth--

You have a nice start here, but I don't feel like you have a complete movement. I can't help but wonder how the issue of crime is weighing on your mind as you move toward Columbus. Yes, stolen money from the ballpark concession stand is enough of a crime, so how do you feel about your security in Newark and (soon) in Columbus?

4/5 (no link)