I always seem to get emails that have a similar theme of “You Know you’re from a Small Town When” that I always enjoy reading, mostly because I can relate to almost all of the email. I came across another list of these points so I figured I share some along with some I made up also!
The following are from http://www.dobhran.com/humor/GRhumor647-ea.htm
1) You can name everyone you graduated with.
2) You know what 4-H is.
3) You ever went to parties at a pasture, barn, or in the middle of a dirt road.
4) You schedule parties around the schedule of different police officers, since you know which ones would bust you and which ones wouldn't.
5) You ever went cow-tipping or snipe hunting.
6) You can't help but date a friend's ex-girlfriend(or boyfriend).
7) Your car stays filthy because of the dirt roads, and you will never own a dark vehicle for this reason.
The next couple are some that I have thought up when thinking of my small town!
1) Your school believes you when you say you’re late to school because you got stuck behind a tractor.
2) When you stand in the middle of the only intersection in your town and you can see all four signs welcoming you into the town.
3) You have to driven twenty minuets to get to the nearest grocery.
4) It’s normal to see a golf cart driving down the middle of the road going to pick up their mail.
5) You can walk from the ballpark to your house by walking through the cornfield.
6) The annual Whiffleball tournament is the biggest attraction of the year.